COVID-19 Resources for Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health Programs
Guidelines & Resources for MCAH Staff (linking COVID-19 to MCAH work):
- 5 C's Clinical Guidelines of COVID-19 - Trauma-Informed guidelines for supporting first responders
- Messaging on wearing masks - "Tips for communicating about masks in the midst of misinformation," from the Berkeley Media Studies Group
- Municipal Sewage COVID-19 Testing: A Much needed public health community prevention intervention - Letter to the editor in the American Surgeon Journal
- Updates on Coronavirus and Drinking Water & Waste Water - from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Practice Parameter of Disaster Preparedness - child and adolescent mental health - Identifies best approaches to the assessment of child and adolescent mental health during all phases of a disaster, from the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- COVID Ready Communication Playbook - from Vital Talk, a playbook of tips that will enable you to navigate through your day with honesty, empathy, and compassion in a way that is sustainable.
- Preventing COVID-19 Transmission on Labor and Delivery: A Decision Analysis - from the American Journal of Perinatology, this could also be used to make a case for the cost effectiveness of universal testing in any department that is client-facing.
- Public Health COVID-19 Guidance - "Up to date information from trusted, credible sources" compiled by the American Public Health Association. Includes links regarding confirmed cases, re-openings, and public health safety tips and tools.
- Important Home Visiting Information During COVID-19 - from HRSA
- Resources for Continuing Virtual Visits During COVID-19 (for orgs implementing Healthy Families America) - from Healthy Families America
- Risk Calculator for Asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Children - This interactive calculator allows the user to estimate, for any county in the United States, the likelihood that a child without symptoms of COVID-19 will have an asymptomatic infection with SARS-CoV-2. It can also estimate the risk that within a group of children of user-specified size, that at least 1 child will be infected. This can be valuable, for example, to use to estimate the risk associated with classrooms of different sizes.
MCAH and CYSHCN Families (coping, resilience, and discussing the pandemic):
- Supporting Families During COVID-19 (from the Child Mind Institute), includes:
- Ways to Promote Children's Resilience to the COVID-19 Pandemic (in Child Trends, Authors Jessica Dym Bartlett & Rebecca Vivrette)
- Caroline Conquers her Corona Fears - A kids coping and coloring book by authors Kellie Camelford, Krystal Vaughn, and Erin Dugan
- Talking to Children about COVID-19 - From the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Discussing Coronavirus with Your Children - from the Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress
- Finding the Right Words to Talk to Children and Teens About Coronavirus - from the Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress
- Infographic on Discussing Coronavirus With Children - from the Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress
Domestic Violence & Abuse & Intimate Partner Violence:
- Managing Family Conflict While Home During COVID-10: Intimate Partners - from the Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress
- Infographics on Domestic Violence & Violence Against Women During the Pandemic - from the World Health Organization, includes downloadable Infographics on:
- Making a safety plan for you and your children if you're experiencing violence at home
- How health systems and governments can help survivors of violence during the pandemic
- Resources for Safety and Support for Surviving Domestic & Relationship Violence During COVID-19 - from Futures Without Violence. This site includes a vast amount of resources including hotlines, advice lines, and resources for staying safe for adolescents and adults, harm reduction and health, community care, supporting children, survivor and family support services (including services for homeless individuals), American Indian and Alaskan Native communities, and workplaces and employers.
- Caring for Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Treating Pregnant People with Opioid Use Disorder - from the American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Additionally, the American Society of Addiction Medicine has many resources dedicated to COVID-19 that include guidance on Telehealth and working with homeless individuals.
- Treating Addiction in the Setting of COVID-19 - from Health Management Associates
- Tools for Behavioral Health Professionals During a Public Health Crisis - from the Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network
- Upcoming Webinar (October 21st) Registration: Colliding Crises: Tackling Behavioral Health in a Pandemic - from the National Overdose Prevention Network
Mental Health Resources for Staff and Parents:
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Hub (from PyschHub)
- CDC on Stress and Coping During the Pandemic
- Parents Chime In: Our Self-Care Strategies While Supporting Loved Ones with Mental Health Conditions During a Pandemic - from the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Implementation Science and Practice Advances Research Center
- Resources to Support Your Mental Health During the COVID-19 Outbreak and Climate Crises - from the UCSF Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences