Date: Wednesday, March 23, 2011
This is the first one in a series of webinars related to Title V MCH priorities. The format of the webinars will combine program planning, a discussion of evidence-based interventions to address the problem, and a review available resources. The series starts with a Breastfeeding webinar, to be followed by additional webinars addressing Preconception Health and then Healthy Weight and Pregnancy.
• Review of Breast Feeding Problem Analysis Diagram
• Framing the Issue - Heather Gelhert
• Baby Cues - Jane Heinig
• Work Place Policies - Karen Peters
• Work Place Policies - Segment II
• Hospital Policies and Resources on breastfeeding available from the state - Jeanette Panchula
• Resources available on FHOPs web site - Katie Gillespie
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
1. Use a problem analysis diagram in program planning to understand the influences on breastfeeding in their community
2. Describe the key elements of 3 interventions to increase breast feeding: Baby cues, work place policies, and hospital policies.
3. Locate resources to assist in implementing interventions to increase breastfeeding