Date: Thursday, April 19, 2012
This was the fourth webinar in a series of trainings related to Title V MCH priorities. The format of the webinar series combines program planning, a discussion of evidence-based interventions to address the problem, and a review available resources
The keynote presenter was be Dr. Paul Wise from Standford University, Richard E. Behrman Professor in Child Health in the Pediatrics Department. Dr. Wise is a health policy and outcomes researcher whose work has focused on children's health; health-outcomes disparities by race, ethnicity and socioeconomic status; the interaction of genetics and the environment as these factors influence child and maternal health; and the impact of medical technology on disparities in health outcomes.
Additionally, Dr. Maria Jocson, MD, MPH, FAAP, with the California Department of Public Health MCAH Program presented on the State of Infant Mortality in California.
After this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Describe current data on infant mortality in California
2. Identify at least one disparity in infant mortality in California
3. Discuss how improving women's health will improve infant health outcomes
4. Locate at least one resource for addressing infant health
• Welcome and overview
• Infant mortality in California, Dr. Maria Jocson, MCAH Division, CDPH
• Explaining infant mortality and disparities, Dr. Paul Wise, Stanford University School of Medicine
• Resources for understanding and addressing infant health