Date: Thursday, June 25, 2015
• Suzanne Haydu, MPH, RD
• Sangi Rajbhandari, MPH – MCAH, Adolescent Family Life Program
• Abby Silvester (MS Candidate/RD Intern, CWRU) – MCAH
• Krista Flores, RD – MCAH, Eating Recovery Center
- What’s New” & Most Recently Updated
- Revisions that have been made to the NUPA guidelines since the 2000 version.
- Recent recommendations consistent with national guidance/research
- Addition of new chapter, Infant Feeding
- The use of MyPlate
- Handouts and resources provided within guidebook
- Stories from the Field: Eating Disorders & Body Image:
- How to speak to adolescents with eating disorders
- Signs to look for
- Body Image and Disordered Eating Screening Tool
1. To be able to locate the Nutrition & Physical Activity Guidelines and related tools for adolescents on the web.
2. To be able to competently use the tools located in the Nutrition and Physical Activity Guidelines when working with adolescents.
3. To become especially familiar with the Fruits and Vegetables, Vegetarian Teens and Body Image, and Disordered Eating section.
• Streaming recording link
• Nutrition & Physical Activity Guidelines for Adolescents (pdf)
• California Nutrition and Physical Activity Guidelines for Adolescents