Local MCAH Program Documents
This page from CDPH includes links to the final 2011-2012 MCAH Scope of Work document and instructions.
SIDS Awareness and Risk Reduction Outcome Measurement Tools
This page contain links that provide example questions to use to assess the effectiveness of efforts in increasing SIDS knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions for Completing the Local MCAH SOW
• Frequently Asked Questions 2, June 17, 2011 (word)
Question 1. Has the final SOW been posted? Where is the final SOW posted?
Question 2. The data link won't open/where is the data?
Question 3. Which sections do I fill out?
Question 4. Do I fill out the SOW with objectives and activities for new programs?
Question 5. My county doesn't have any data listed or says there are "too few events". What should I use?
Question 6. Can I get feedback on my objectives/performance measures/outcomes?
Question 7. How should I calculate the long term outcome objectives?
Question 8. Why are HP 2020 goals different/higher than HP 2010 goals?
• Question Log and Answers from Training, June 2, 2011(word)
Handouts from Trainings (full training materials are below)
• Presentation handout: Local MCAH Program Scope of Work 2011-2012 - Completing the Scope of Work Worksheet (pdf)
• Powerpoint Presentation Handout: Local MCAH Program Scope of Work 2011-2012 - Goals, Objectives, and Performance Measures (pdf)
• Presentation Handout: Getting the Data you need to Complete your MCAH SOW and Annual Report Data Table (pdf)
• Additional Handout: Tips for Writing SMART Objectives: Specific Verbs (word)
Additional Sample SOW Worksheet Examples
State MCAH Policy staff reviewed the proposed MCAH SOW and drafted templates with suggestions and examples of objectives/activities/performance measures for the new MCAH SOW. Two new sample documents have been added: sample objectives, activities, and outcomes related to the Peer Preconception Educators program and for Prematurity Prevention. Note that if you are doing these activities, you should adapt the examples so it reflects your program, population, and capacity, for example by specifying your LHJ and the targeted population in the objective.
• Sample SOW Worksheet with Nutrition Examples (word)
• Sample SOW Worksheet with Oral Health Examples (word)
• Sample SOW Worksheet with Preconception Health Examples (word)
• Sample SOW Worksheet with Peer Preconception Educators Program Examples (word)
• Sample SOW Prematurity Prevention (word)
Example Logic Models
The following are example Logic Models for CDPH efforts around folic acid, nutrition and physical activity, breastfeeding, and the built environment. For more information about using a logic model for program planning and evaluation click here.
• Folic acid logic model (pdf)
• Nutrition and physical activity logic model (pdf)
• Breastfeeding logic model (pdf)
• Built environment logic model (pdf)
• Birth and Beyond Project logic model (pdf)
Webinar Training : Local MCAH Program Scope of Work 2011-2012 - Goals, Objectives, and Performance Measures
Webinar Training: Local MCAH Program Scope of Work 2011-2012 - Completing the Scope of Work Worksheet